There is always a tryst with bananas in my house. I love bananas to the core and in the same voice I can say that my husband hates it to the core. Bananas are healthy (no doubt in that), so I definitely try to sneak it into our daily portions of healthy eats. Turn it into camouflaged shakes, breads or cakes to let my husband have it. So it was one such Sunday when I saw two bananas sitting silently ripe in the fridge which impelled me to put them in use. 🙂
We both are dessert lovers, and bananas definitely make up for good ones. Hence it was decided that it has to be a “Choco- Banana Cake”. The moment it was produced, my husband did “Go-bananas” for it and half of the cake was gone on the blink of an eye. 🙂
This recipe is definitely a hit and an easy-peasy way to prepare a cake. Moist, fragrant and delicious, a real saccharine way to end a weekend!!!
Flour – 160gms
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda- ½ tsp
Brown sugar – 50 -60 gms
Milkmaid – 200 ml
Cinnamon powder – 2 tsp
Butter – 120 gms(Softened)
Bananas – 2(ripe)
Chocolate chunks – 100 gms
Milk – Around 80 ml
- Peel, cut and mash the bananas and keep aside.
- Sift together – Flour, baking powder and baking soda properly.
- Whisk (beat) the wet ingredients – Softened butter, brown sugar and milkmaid.
- Now add the dry ingredients slowly into the beaten wet ingredients.
- Once mixed, the batter would look a little dense, hence add milk to the batter and whisk again.
- At last add the cinnamon powder, mashed bananas and chocolate chunks and give the batter a last whip.
- Pour the batter into a greased tin (I used a pound tin).
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C and bake at the same temperature for 15 mins and then reduce the temperature to 170C and bake for another 15 mins. Allow the cake to cool down a bit and then slice and eat away. 😀 😀