Clearly the favorite food festival of the town – The Grub Fest – saw it’s latest setup at the JLN Stadum over the last weekend of October. We have been at every Grub Fest and have seen it growing big. This year was no exception, with the fest being bigger, better and star attraction of a pop up by Madame Tussauds Delhi.
With over 100 restaurants, culinary demonstrations by celebrity chefs & mixologists, over 30 hours of entertainment and performances the festival made its return to the iconic stadium at the heart of the capital. A number of newly-opened restaurants presented their dishes to a large audience for the first time, along with the renowned names and the classics. Live performances in the evening by some of the most prominent independent local as well as world-renowned names from the music industry, kept the audiences glued.
The star attraction for the year was a pop up by the remarkable Madame Tussauds New Delhi, for its first ever showcase at an event, globally! The showcase included wax figures of Hrithik Roshan, Jennifer Lopez among others.
- The unveiling of the first-ever showcase at an event by Madame Tussauds followed by a 2-day pop-up at the festival.
- Restaurant exhibitors included prominent names like Auro Kitchen & Bar, Yeti, Big Yellow Door, Ministry of Beer, Social, Baris, Enoki, Taksim, CJ’s Fresh and more. Exhibitors will showcase specially curated Grub menus with a distinctive ambience for their space at the festival.
- The Grub TV, where viewers can witness live interviews and conversations with chefs and artists.
- Unique experiences like a Beer Garden by Budweiser Experiences, ‘Brew District’, VIP lounge called ‘The Grub Lounge’ and even a free hair salon.
- A hand-picked line-up of artists at all times to compliment the food and the beautiful onset of Delhi winters. Artists included Guru Randhawa, Bombay Rockers, Harrdy Sandhu, The Local Train, Tatva K, DJ Sumit Sethi, Hari & Sukhmani and more.
- An opportunity to learn recipes and techniques from prominent chefs at The Grub Theatre hosting chef demos, chef talks, panel discussions with food entrepreneurs and showcasing food-related movies and documentaries.
- The Grub Market by Swiggy where up and coming food start-ups set up carts with personalized items. A range of organic and gourmet products from brands like Raw Pressery, Green Snack Co. Beruska, Tea Cups Full, Oh So Stoned and more, presented products like gelato, ice-creams, homemade jams, dips and sauces, biscuits and cookies, cupcakes and a variety of delectable desserts.